This recipe is perfect for those chilly days or nights! Try this delicious Sweet Potato and Peanut Soup tonight.
What you’ll need
- x2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup organic peanut butter (you can add peanuts for extra crunch if you wish)
- 3 cups reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- pepper to taste
What to do
- Cut into bite size pieces, peel and steam sweet potato until it’s half way cooked
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large saucepan on a medium heat, add onion and cook until it’s slightly brown. Add garlic to saucepan then add juice, ginger and allspice. Stir on a low heat for approximately 10minutes.
- Add half of the ingredients to a big pot, and blend the rest of the ingredients with the peanut butter. Add blended mixture to the pot and thin the mixture down with water (to your desire).
- Serve with extra peanuts if you wish and pepper to taste
HOT TIP : Make soup a few days before you wish to eat it then refrigerate, because as we all know, soup tastes better after a few days!