An oldie but a goodie. Pumpkin soup is chock-full of vitamins and minerals but low in calories, making it perfect for Winter.
What you’ll need
- olive oil
- x1 brown onion
- x1 medium sized butternut pumpkin
- vegetable stock
- natural yogurt
What to do
- In your soup pot, heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat, add chopped onion and continue stirring until golden. Add 2 teaspoons of cumin to mix.
- Now we want to simmer the soup. Add pumpkin, stirring to coat them in the mixture we just made. Now add 1 litre of vegetable stock. Simmer till pumpkin is soft.
- Set aside the soup to cool then use a stick blender (or a masher) to blend until smooth.
- To serve, add a dollop of yogurt. Enjoy.