Make your side dish healthier this Christmas with this simple recipe sure to be a hit.
What you need
- 2 large handfuls of asparagus (trimmed and cut in half)
- 400g of green beans
- 1 small red onion (finely sliced)
- 75g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh dill (finely chopped)
- pinch caster sugar
What to do
- Mix together the ingredients for dressing in a separate bowl
- Blanch beans and asparagus in boiling water (until bright green and slightly tender). Drain and rinse under cold water)
- Place beans, asparagus and onion into a large bowl and toss with dressing.